Typical training Jan-Feb: off-season; enjoying downhill skiing
- Enjoyed my first ski pass ever bought by skiing about 30 days this winter at Monarch, Wolf Creek, Loveland, Copper….
AM – usually off
PM – 60 minute run; no speed work
I pretty much kept to this schedule for the entire two months. Never went less than 55 minutes. Ran 6-7 days a week. Saturdays consisted of a morning run and skiing all day. Sometimes, I would repeat this on Sunday.
Late Feb – early May:
Started doing some LT intervals by time. Upped mileage to 60-70 miles, still only in singles. Continued skiing. Added rollersking or biking 3-4x week (about 4-5 hours a week).
Late May – July:
Runniing: 70 miles in singles. LT intervals once a week plus an occasional tempo run.
Biking/ rollerskiing: 5-7 days per week (about 8 hours per week)
July – August – 70-80 miles in 8 runs per week/biking up to 11 hours in week
- added a long run
- steady increase of tempo run length (up to 6 miles)
- LT intervals
- occasional 400’s (14-16 x 400 with 60 sec jog @ 78-80 sec on dirt trails)
- mountain and hill running 1x week
- raced Pikes Peak hill climb
- raced Golden Gran Fondo
- rollerskied Itasca Loop (20 miles)